Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Funny...

I'm sorry but I had to tell this one on myself....

Have you ever watched a nature show or any show for that matter that had little monkeys on it? You know how they twist their heads this way and that in a fast manner, even upside down, as if they are trying to see things from every angle possible? Then, they sometimes chatter or screech right before they leap for something?

Well, I was putting polyurethane on some interior doors today and well...

I had to laugh when I realized that I must look like a monkey as I was trying to see the spots I missed or where I had a run to catch. Especially after smelling the poly all day! I caught myself actually turning my head nearly upside down to see a spot in glare of the lights after having tried seeing it from every other angle. Then, when I'd spot one, I'd say "aaawwww" as I leapt to attack it before it dried!

Actually, I probably looked more like a silverback on speed.

1 comment:

Louise said...

I saw a comment you left at Down to Earth and wanted to say Hi from a transplanted Kentuckian. I was born in the hills of Eastern Ky in 1947 (giving away my age, huh?) and my folks moved to MI for work in 1952. Been here ever since, but love the state of Ky.
Bless you!