Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Nose to the grindstone

(fellow leveling the area that our deck will soon occupy)

I apologize for not posting this past week. Life and all. Son's college applications and financial aid application and taxes have been taking up my mental space.

Plus, I apologize in advance for posting erratically for February and March. You see, we have to have the house COMPLETED by April 1st. Although the only two major projects left are to build the deck and the master bathroom (cabinets, plumbing, pretty much all the major things) there are still many smaller yet necessary tasks to finish before one could call our house "done"! So, pray for us, that we will be able to finish the house by the deadline and that we will have good weather in which to finish the outside work.

Today, Hubby and I are working on a list of all the tasks to complete and splitting them up into a timeline. All housework and major meals are on a "needs-only" basis and we will be eating more take-out and ignoring the dust bunnies. Hubby pointed out to me that a bought meal every night would still cost less than having paid laborers to finish the house. Although we may still have to resort to that near the end, it is our hope to do as much of the labor as possible ourselves.

So, excuse the my absence and all the mud! I'll be lurking on my breaks and snapping photos to share as the construction comes to a close!
Blessings to you all!

No comments: