Saturday, March 22, 2008

A Tribute

In memory of my aunt Nancy, who passed on this morning, March 22nd.


Nancy sitting in her mother's lap and looking at her older brother, her grandmother.


Nancy in the middle of her brothers and sister with her dad behind them.
With her two brothers
Looking very sweet in the front row while with her cousins.
Looking quite the sophisticated young woman.In the kitchen with her mother and sister-in-law.Married in 1951
As I remember her:
Nancy Jane Rice Reynolds
1935-2008

Married 56 years.
Mother of 3 children, 7 grandchildren.
11 great-grandchildren. 1 great-great-grandchild.
Devoted Daughter, Sister, Wife, Mother, Grandmother, Aunt, Sister-In-Law, Mother-In Law.

6 comments:

Marci said...

That was a very sweet tribute. Were you close to her?

Ladyfromthewoods said...

Thanks, Marci.

We weren't very close because she was quite a bit older than my mom (her sister) and therefore had grandkids a little closer to my age. But she hosted the Christmas party for the family for many years(see the post of Christmas Past) and if you remember the baby quilt I posted months ago, she made that too.

She was a very hard-working woman who kept a tidy house while also helping run their farm. I will always remember how she insisted on waiting on her husband and any little ones and how she cared for her father and siblings that passed on before her.

Keep the family in your prayers as this makes for a hard Easter weekend.

David, Jr. said...

Teresa,

That was perfect. My first thoughts this morning when mom called me at work were all the Christmas' we spent at her house growing up as kids. Reflecting back it truly made growing up in such a large family very special and Nancy was such a huge part in keeping the family all together.

Anonymous said...

WOW! talk about tears and memories...Although I didnt live close the best times of my life were when we visited KY! We always stayed at Aunt Nancys house and always felt SOOOO loved and welcomed there...I agree junior she did hold the family together just like granny did...you done an awesome job on this page...I miss you all...Sue

Cat said...

Teresa,

I am so sorry to hear about your Aunt - she sounds like a beautiful Titus 2 Lady! What an example she must have been and will continue to be! What a lovely tribute to her!

xoxo Cat

Sabine said...

Great work.