Wednesday, April 09, 2008

The Exhale


Just a short note to say:

the appraisal was done yesterday (tues.)

and I cried with relief 5 minutes afterwards.

I'm going to take a few days to recoup from the stress (I didn't realize just how much we were under until I had that little fit of relief). I'll take some photos of the house and put together some posts.

The bank papers should be final by the 14th. Hopefully.

The appraiser liked the house.

I'm obviously unable to think in proper order... therefore, since it is spring break for the kids and this weight is off our shoulders...

I'm going to have a guilt-free nap.

Daughter was happy this morning to be able to "do whatever we want instead of working on the house."

By noon, she walked out of her room and said, "now that we don't have to work on the house, it's kinda boring around here."

Oh, yeah!

3 comments:

Marci said...

Praise the Lord it is behind you. When will you hear the final on it?

Ladyfromthewoods said...

When the bank finalizes the loan they will also send us a copy of the appraisal.

We were double-blessed in that the appraiser the bank sent is also a friend of my brother's and his wife went to school with us, so it was a wonderful visit despite the under-lying stress of "this guy holds our financial future in his hands."

He gave Hubby the indication that there wouldn't be a problem with the house appraising for the amount that the bank would require. This was Hubby's main stressor.

Poor Hubby, fell onto the couch in exhaustion and laughed with relief when they left. I jumped on him and we had a good hug and laugh. But then minutes later when we walked into the kitchen and we hugged again, I just started weeping uncontrollably and wanted to collaspe! Oh, you're so right, Marci! PRAISE THE LORD for He is GOOD to see us through this!

tipper said...

Kids! Can't wait to see the pictures of all your hardwork.