Monday, June 09, 2008

Pet Birthday

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOTOR!

"I refuse to acknowledge my age."

Motor is a shelter cat. We named him that because he purred so constant and loudly. He turned 11 years old this weekend. He received a can of tuna that he didn't have to share with our other housecat, Maggie.

Even though he is old for a cat, he still likes to "help" me make the bed and play with yarn. Pets become a true part of the family. They are playmates for us and our children. They don't judge us when we fail (and we all fail). Best of all, they love us even when we feel unloved by the rest of the world. They are a wonderful balm to the soul. Not to mention, endless entertainment!"Look, Mommy! I bought a kitty-cat!"

"This is not what I signed up for."

2 comments:

Tipper said...

I love the expression on Motor's face in the first picture! Too cute. You are right pets love us even on our bad days.

Judy said...

I love the last picture of the "cat in the cart". I bet Motor loves being at your house.