Friday, June 06, 2008

Senior Days

If you read my previous post, you already know that Son graduated this week.

One of their senior pranks was to "dress up" on the last day of school and ride their bikes from town to the school, slowing down traffic. They didn't get in trouble and it seemed to amuse most.
Son with his best friend.

The moment of rejoicing!

Here are two video clips of our son's graduation ceremony.

Notice how most of them have painted the tops of their caps. It really looked good!

And they pulled several pranks during the ceremony. The first was the video below. They snuck in inflatable beach balls, blew them up after they sat down, and then started playing with them during music and in between speakers.
video

They also brought in bubbles, blowing them during the speechs.

And they each handed the principal (his first year in the position) a tiny package via the handshake as they received their diplomas. The principal's pockets were visibly full about halfway through the kids, so he started handing them off to the vice-principal. You don't want to know.

I will say that all the officials on stage seemed very amused despite a year of enforcing strict regulations.

Then, as the final speech was ending, the kids started pulling cans out from under their gowns. Cans and cans of silly string. I'm disappointed that is doesn't show up so well on the video, but they were all completely covered!
video

It was the most enjoyable and entertaining graduation ceremony I've ever been to.

3 comments:

Tipper said...

Now that sounds like a very exciting graduation! If the kids tried to have that much fun here they would probably arrest them.

Judy said...

I know you are so proud of your son and you have so many wonderful family members. I loved the pictures. I know about the crying part, just wait till one of them gets married!

Ladyfromthewoods said...

You're right, Tipper. I was nervous about that and tried to guide them so that they would stick to things that couldn't possibly cause damage.

Judy, oh my! I hadn't thought of that! I'll take this as a lesson and try to cry myself out beforehand!