Monday, July 28, 2008

I'd "Druther" be on vacation

Well, actually that's where I've been... on vacation!

For Monday: we went to the big waterpark in Somerset and let both the kids take a guest. Hubby and I mostly enjoyed the lazy river because, well, we were being lazy.

Tuesday: we packed and prepared for a camping trip. We had just enough daylight when we arrived at camp to set up the borrowed RV (thanks Jason & Aundria!) and thanks to my sister too who loaned us her Jeep so we could pull J&A's boat too.

Do you remember Druther's Restaurant? Do you remember Burger Queen? The only one left is right in the heart of Campbellsville, KY.Remember "Queen Bee" or was she called "Queenie"? Used to be that the only fast food places in town were McDonald's and Burger Queen then Pizza Hut!

"I'd ruther go to Druther's Restaurant!" Remember the jingle?
O-kay, so the food wasn't as good as my childhood memory so we compensated.
I just love this building across the street! It's the kind that makes you want to sneak inside and play castle.
The next morning was beautiful. Our campsite was perfect with lots of shade and a view of Green River.
More on the trip tomorrow!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Sounds like you had a great get a way. I have not been to Campbellsville or Green River in years. Would love to go back and explore the area. Can't wait to hear more about your trip! That was weird about you being on Duncan Hines Highway and me writing about it at the same time.

MeliDe said...

Hey, I don't know who you are, but I have a google alert set up for Campbellsville (which is my hometown) and I wanted to thank you for posting the pictures of Druther's and that beautiful old building across the street. I worked at Druther's for 5 years while I was in high school and part of college (until I got a "real" job at the local newspaper). I learned a lot about life in those 2 first jobs. I now live in Atlanta, GA, and only get back to C-ville once in awhile, but I still have family there. I hope your vacation was restful. (Melissa York DeMelo)