Friday, September 26, 2008

Hmmm?

Well, tell me the truth everyone. What do you think of the new blog layout? I know that most moniters have different settings and what may look good on my screen may be hard for the eyes on someone else's computer. Do you like the colors? Is the text easier to read? Does it take longer to load the page?

I'm not happy with my header, but it'll have to do. I never could figure out (even by purusing YouTube videos) how to put a collage of my favorite photos across the header. If anyone knows of an excellent tutorial, please let me know!

Now, I'm going to work on putting a few more things into my sidebar, especially updating my "labels". I've decided to try to post separately within each label so those who visit and just want to pull up, say, "Art: son's", can do so without having to read about how I hung out 4 loads of laundry that day. lol.

I also have a few blogs to add to my links. As I grow in Christ, I find myself drawn more to like-minded (or I should say Titus:2 older women) who are truly encouragements and inspirations on the web.

5 comments:

tipper said...

Love Love the new look! And it did seem to load faster on my slow dial up. I tried to leave a comment on your festival post the other day-and gave up afer 3 tries-but today it loaded much faster. I just think it looks great!

Marci said...

It looks great. The font and color are very easy to read and it loaded up fast!!

The Tile Lady said...

You have won an award! Come by my blog and retrieve it! I just wanted you and everyone else to know how much I love your blog!

Marie

PS I do really like the new look....I have to say I was a little partial to the lavender background you had for a bit, instead of the white, but I LOVE the header picture. The white's a great uncluttered frame for the photos, so you did great!

The Tile Lady said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ladyfromthewoods said...

Thanks ladies! I must admit, I miss the purple too, being my favorite color, but you'll notice I snuck it in for my post titles! The white is taking me a while to get used to, but if it's loading faster for everyone, then that's a good reason to keep it like this. I remember having dial-up just before we moved and had to quit reading a few blogs I loved because the page wouldn't load all the way.
Have a great weekend!
Teresa