Monday, September 15, 2008

Mammaw's Tribute

Back last Spring, daughter and I began paintings. We stopped taking lessons due to the deadline for the house construction being pushed up.

Here is the beginning of my painting....

Below, is how it looked when I quit for the season...
Recently, art classes began again. We returned, hoping that we would still have paintings to finish! They had saved them for us so we picked back up where we stopped.

Below is the finished painting. I've titled it "Mammaw's Tribute" in honor of my grandmother who loved to paint and loved irises.
Being my first painting in over a decade, I suppose it isn't too bad. However, I see many things I've done wrong. BUT this is the process of learning! I will learn from my mistakes and hopefully get better as I continue.

Now to find a frame....

*Note: you should be able to click on the pictures to enlarge them.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Teresa, I just love your painting. It is beautiful. The iris is one of my favorite flowers and blue is my favorite color. You are really talented. It looks like that might be Marjorie I recognize in one of the pictures. She amazes me that she is still teaching art there. Please say hello for me sometime. I think she would remember me. Thanks, Judy

The Tile Lady said...

Your painting is lovely! I think the lights and darks are just striking, and it has a very poetic feel to it. Great job!

tipper said...

I think its just beautiful!! You did a great job.