Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day

In the little community where I grew up, THIS little building was the local voting place. It looked exactly the same back then except there would be a flag hanging from a pole next to the doorway. A pathway through the ditch in front was mowed for this day only.

My dad used to work the polls here. Cars would park on the side of the gravel road and many folks would catch up on the latest family news if they happened to be there voting at the same time.

I'm not sure where the workers (three of them women) would answer the call of nature... maybe behind it?

3 comments:

Tipper said...

Thing have certainly changed since then. Very neat post about the history of elections.

Judy said...

Teresa, Thanks for your comment to let me know about Marjory and I told the girls about Jennifer. I love the post about the voting booth from your childhood. Is that on the Fork? Does Jennifer have a blog?

The Tile Lady said...

Wow, what an incredibly small polling place! I bet there were a lot like this though at one time.