Wednesday, January 21, 2009

yUMmmmm....Cake!

There are times when I can't stand the sight of cake. Then there are times I WANT IT SO BAD that it plagues my thoughts. Like today...

My step-mom is a great cake maker/decorator. She does it as a side hobby, but sometimes get paid for her creations. Never enough in my opinion b/c her cakes are ALWAYS delicious.
But sometimes, just a plain ole chocolate cake will do.

Not with the little kids though!

This one was my very lame attempt at roller-skates. It looked much better (really, it did) before the icing melted.

Baby shower cakes are good too.

More pretty cake for nieces.

Can't get enough of cake? Then check out this site that I've discovered today: Cake Wrecks Be forewarned, if you can look past a few tasteless ones (actually I bet they tasted wonderful, just lacked discernment) then you may find yourself in tears from laughter by the time you get through it. And craving cake.




6 comments:

Louise said...

t, it is so good to hear from you! I thought you had left us, so glad you're back. I agree with your comment ...we each face different snares in this life ... the good news is, with the Lord's help and good old fashioned determination, we can get past them.
Bless you my sweet friend. Oh, one other thing...I have some older crochet magazines and if you'd like to have them, I'll gladly mail them to you. I looked at them over the week-end and realized I'll probably never use them again and I don't want them to lie here & dry rot. Let me know if you'd like them.
Love & hugs!

Louise said...

p.s. I really like the new look of your blog

Louise said...

p.s. I really like the new look of your blog

Judy said...

Teresa, Welcome back! I have an alert set up on Google Blog Search for Gravel Switch and it sent me a notice and it was your blog! I did not know you were blogging again but glad you are. I love cake. It is one of my favorite things in this world. Mine are not as pretty or fancy as yours but they are usually pretty good. The worst thing about me making one is that I can eat the whole thing in a couple of days by myself! I feel like I just ran into an old friend I had not seen for a while.

The Tile Lady said...

Your step-mom is very talented! Those are some gorgeous cakes! I used to decorate cakes (learned from Mom--my sister still does it) and even sold tiered wedding cakes and taught classes. My daughter always had some really great cakes on her birthday. But I got sick of it, and now I don't even know where my stuff is now, and my poor grandson has suffered from lack of good decorated cakes, which is a real crime considering!!!!! I feel very guilty about that!

Femin Susan said...

Hi........
I like your blog....... All the posts are breathtaking with the photos. There are stuffs for both laughing and thinking.